Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe (HCEE) kicks off the introduction of its new A-series excavators and wheel loaders at Bauma 2019
Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe (HCEE) kicks off the introduction of its new A-series excavators and wheel loaders at Bauma 2019 – a machine range for the future construction industry!
The birth of the new A-series: more than simply being Stage V compliant
The A-series stands for machines that comply with the European stage V emission levels – and cover HCE Europe’s complete product range, mini and medium sized excavators, heavy excavators and wheel loaders. The company has driven product development to a level where it can proudly say it exceeds by far the market requirements.
The introduction of Hyundai’s A-series will have its opening on this year’s Bauma exhibition in Munich, where the company has a first selection of this new breed of machines on display. Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe (HCEE) has decided to not only fulfil the European mandatory requirements, but to go way further, in order to offer to its broad customer base a new range of machines delivering a maximum in performance, enhance productivity, add crucial safety features, improve uptime management and uptime of the machines while at the same time stay convenient for the operators – in short: the birth of the new A-series!
Bauma 2019: A first insight to Hyundai’s A-series HX heavy excavators
At Bauma 2019 HCE Europe is going to unveil its first models of the brand-new A-series crawler excavators. The 22-ton HX220A L and the 30-ton HX300A L models will pave the ground for its smaller and larger siblings. The roll-out of the different models will follow a well-defined introduction schedule, stretching over the coming two years.
Major topics like fuel efficiency, productivity, safety, convenience, improved uptime and detailed machine management are key. There are multiple new technologies applied on the new A-series excavators. These novelties will be showcased at Bauma, implying the new products entail more than an engine upgrade.
Matrix of New Technology on the A-series HX excavator
The HX220AL will incorporate some of Hyundai’s new technologies, as there are:
- EPFC or Electric Positive Flow Control. EPFC results in the improvement of fuel efficiency and controllability by a flow reduction technique for excavator operations.
- Auto Safety Lock prevents unintended operation/start of the machine of the excavator in order to improve safety.
- Eco guidance indicates inefficient operation status to prevent fuel consumption by improper working habits on the machine cluster.
- MG/MC or Machine Guidance / Machine Control. Indicates the work status and automatically controls the attachment to assist the driver. The MG displays the position of the bucket tip with respect to the pre-defined target surface. The MC will automatically control the grading with the bucket tip or face and will have an automatic stop control: up, down, forward and cabin protection.
The HX300A L features as well the Auto safety lock function, Eco guidance and Machine guidance & control devices. In terms of flow control it is equipped with a different system, named EPIC.
- EPIC or Electric Pump Independent Control. This energy saving technology reduces the pump flow rate during levelling & truck loading operation by controlling the pump’s displacement individually.
Matrix of New Service Features on the A-series HX excavator.
All A-series excavators will incorporate several new service features that have been developed and tested with the goal to improve machine uptime, reducing unnecessary time wasters caused by the machines' downtime.
- ECD (Engine Connected Diagnostics) will support the After Sales technicians and dealers with a diagnostics report (via e-mail, mobile, app or HiMATE, HCE’s own telematic system) on the engine performance. This results in an improved engine fault code monitoring and will ensue that After Sales technicians arrive on site with the necessary tools and fix trouble in one visit.
- MCD (Machine Connected Diagnostics) allows to easily gather and analyse various data on the machine performance related to fault in HiMATE. This will result in an improved uptime.
- FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) allows for remote software updates for MCU (Machine Control Unit) and RMCU (Remote Machine Control Unit) whenever there is a software update available in HiMATE. Upon starting the machine, the operator gets a notification stating he needs to install the updates for MCU and RMCU. When the operator has finished the installation the dealer administrator receives a confirmation.
- HCE-DT is the Hyundai Construction Equipment offline equipment Diagnostics which provides troubleshooting information using HiMATE user authentication.
- Monthly report (generated by HiMATE) – The report generated by HiMATE allows for improved fleet management by sending monthly e-mail reports including a summary of the operation and the fuel consumption analysis.
All-in one exhaust after treatment
The A-series stage V exhaust after-treatment is furthermore based on an all-in-one solution, which means a unique exhaust muffler integrating the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), the DEF injector (SCR) and a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). Most notably the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) could be removed, having been compensated by further improving the other technologies. This results in a simple but powerful and environmental-friendly solution with increased reliability and easy maintenance – and most of all reduced fuel consumption and lower operating cost.
Bauma 2019: A first insight to Hyundai’s A-series HL wheel loaders
Facing a continuous strong demand on heavy wheel loaders in the European market, HCEE is ready to present its new range of wheel loaders, the A-series, to tackle the challenges of its many diverse customer segments.
As a forerunner of the new Hyundai wheel loaders A-series, the 19-ton HL960A will be shown at Bauma 2019 in a world premiere. Powered by a Cummins QSB6.7 Stage V engine, delivering 225 hp, this model, as well as the whole range of Hyundai A-series wheel loaders will be available for the market shortly after Bauma.
The new A-series wheel loaders of HCE Europe offer a whole new range of features and functions. HCE’s product development will proudly present a plethora of leading technological improvements, which directly relate to improved fuel efficiency, enhanced safety, longer uptime and improved fleet management.
Matrix of New Technology and New Service Features on the A-series HL wheel loader
IWM for improved fuel efficiency
An intelligent work mode (IWM) optimizes the engine performance to increase engine torque at a lower rpm. This provides just another means for improved fuel efficiency, while optimising engine power and improving engine response time.
Operator convenience and safety come first
The large-sized operators cabin features an electro-hydraulic joystick to conveniently control all functions of the front-loading arm. Optionally the machine can be equipped with a second advanced steering lever enabling driving the machine by joystick – a function much requested by many operators.
Remote door control
With the convenience and safety of the operators in mind, HCE has developed a remote door opening system. This allows the operator to open the cabin door already when approaching the machine, reducing several risks when opening the door while standing on the steps.
Radar & Secondary Monitor
The Hyundai A-series wheel loaders are standard-equipped with a rear-view camera. For increased safety on the job site, an advanced 4-camera system is available as option. The highly advanced AAVM (Advanced Around View Monitoring) system is a combination of AVM which secures the field of vision in all directions by nine views including a 3D bird’s eye view, and IMOD, the intelligent moving object detection. In addition, Hyundai offers a reverse drive radar system, similar to that of a car, allowing to detect obstacles by day or night. All these safety features installed, makes the Hyundai A-series wheel loaders become one of the safest in the industry.
For increased versatility Hyundai Construction Equipment offers also some of its wheel loader models with an extended loading frame as well as a dedicated “Toolmaster” version providing exact parallel lifting forces, for its customers working in agriculture, recycling, waste handling, forestry or industrial applications.
Machine list Bauma 2019
- HX10 A, mini excavator, NEW
- R18-9, mini excavator
- R25-9AK, mini excavator
- HX85A (Stage V), compact excavator, NEW
- HW140, wheeled excavator
- HW180, wheeled excavator
- HX145 LCR, crawler excavator, short radius
- HX235 LCR, crawler excavator, short radius
- HX220A L (stage V), crawler excavator, NEW, including EPFC, Auto Safety Lock, Eco Guidance and MG/MC
- HX300A L (stage V), crawler excavator, NEW, including EPIC, Auto Safety Lock, Eco Guidance and MG/MC
- HX900 L, crawler excavator, NEW
- HL940, wheel loader
- HL960 HD, wheel loader, Heavy Duty
- HL960A (Stage V), wheel loader, NEW, Eco Guidance, IWM, Radar and Remote Door Control
- HL975, wheel loader